To design and instantiate autonomous mobile robots capable of performing non-trivial tasks in support of people, in life and in work.
Emphasis is on task-driven autonomy and underlying algorithms needed to realize it.
Issues Involved or Addressed
Autonomous navigation, control, and manipulation for robots; Coordinated control of interacting robots; Computer vision for reconstruction of worksite geometry; Computer vision for obstacle detection, object classification, and planning; Machine learning for process control; Data analytics to process activities.
Methods and Technologies
Academic Majors of Interest
- Computing›Computational Media
- Computing›Computer Science
- Computing›Human-Computer Interaction
- Engineering›Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering›Civil Engineering
- Engineering›Computer Engineering
- Engineering›Electrical Engineering
- Online Masters›Computer Science synchronous
Preferred Interests and Preparation
EE, CmpE, CS - Embedded computing/systems, control theory, computer vision, automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics.
CmpE, CS - Databases, wireless communication, data visualization, human-robot interaction.
CE - Robotics, automation, construction engineering, advanced sensing.
Meeting Schedule & Location
- Electrical and Computer Engineering