To develop miniature robotic blimps and autonomous underwater vehicles for environmental monitoring, security surveillance, sensing networks, and human-robot interaction.
Issues Involved or Addressed
Autonomy in airborne and maritime environments, which includes object recognition, feedback control, navigation, path planning, multi-agent systems, and human-robot interaction.
Methods and Technologies
Academic Majors of Interest
- Business›General Management
- Computing›Computational Media
- Computing›Computer Science
- Computing›OMSCS asynchronous
- Computing›OMSCS synchronous
- Engineering›Computer Engineering
- Engineering›Electrical Engineering
- Engineering›Mechanical Engineering
Preferred Interests and Preparation
EE, CmpE - Background/interest in embedded systems, control, software development and sensor technology.
CmpE, CS, CM - Background/interest in software development and robotics.
ME - Background/Interest in design, structure, vibration and dynamics, acoustics, instrumentation.
MGMT - Background/interest in marketing and commercialization
Meeting Schedule & Location
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering