Create an Internet of People and Things (IoPT) within Bobby Dodd stadium to enhance the game-day experiences and safety of 55,000 Georgia Tech football fans. This IoPT is composed of large network of sensors in the stadium that collect information on fan behavior, plays in the game, structural vibrations, etc. The information collected from this network and from fans is used by the systems we create to improve the game-day experience for everyone.
Issues Involved or Addressed
- Configuring and programming sensors, embedded systems and networks deployed in Bobby Dodd Stadium
- Scalable delivery of multimedia content over 4/5G and WiFi networks
- Design and development of mobile and web applications
- Design and deployment of games on mobile devices
- Machine learning and data analysis
- Designing databases and REST APIs
- Commercialization, developing business plans, marketing, and interfacing with
potential customers as well as investors
Methods and Technologies
Academic Majors of Interest
Preferred Interests and Preparation
- Electrical/Computer Engineering - Interest in IoT, networking, embedded systems, machine learning, mobile apps/games, RF communications. Networking and embedded systems knowledge would be helpful but is not required.
- CmpE, CS, CM - Interest in mobile and web applications, cloud computing, machine learning, databases, user interfaces, web frameworks. API, cloud, app, and web development experience would be helpful but is not required.
- Civil Engineering - Interest in smart structures, sensors, instrumentation.
- Business Administration, Industrial Engineering - Interest in IP management, marketing, and commercialization.
Meeting Schedule & Location
- Electrical and Computer Engineering