New updates to VIP Team MediaWiki (Spring 2021)
- The new URL for MediaWiki application is https://wiki.vip.gatech.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page. The URL https://wiki.vip.gatech.edu will redirect to this page. Users can only log in from the on-campus network or via GT VPN (Cisco AnyConnect).
- The Visual Editor (WYSIWYG editor) feature is no longer in service. For the rest of this year, authors must learn the wiki markup language to edit.
After December 31, 2021, this site will become an unmaintained live archive of all Team Wiki pages with Editing mode disabled.
What do you need to do?
Teams can continue to use the old wiki through December 31, 2021. We have two options for VIP teams to switch to (now or after December):
- Wiki for teams not developing code: SharePoint Wiki created through Microsoft Teams
- VIP program can set this up for you. This will include a landing page that explains wiki basics. If you would like us to set it up, please email email@example.com. Let us know if your VIP team already uses Microsoft Teams, and we'll ask you to add our IT person to your Team so they can set it up
- Migrating Content Over: We don't yet have an automated way to migrate content to the new wiki. We recommend having students copy-paste content that is still useful and archives the rest.
- Wiki for teams that develop code: GitHub Wiki
- If you are already using GitHub version control system, the GitHub Wiki feature is a good wiki option. VIP teams would set this up on their own. OIT has an FAQ.
What if you have questions?
If you have additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much for your collaboration.