Future wireless communication devices will need to dynamically learn their environment and opportunistically exploit spectrum. The goal of this project is to integrate machine learning algorithms into communication architectures to achieve the agility required for the task. The team will participate to the DARPA Spectrum Collaboration Challenge (SC2) and test its solutions against other competitors.
Issues Involved or Addressed
Machine learning, distributed optimization, and spectrum sharing.
Methods and Technologies
Academic Majors of Interest
- Computing›Computer Science
- Computing›OMSCS asynchronous
- Computing›OMSCS synchronous
- Engineering›Aerospace Engineering
- Engineering›Biomedical Engineering
- Engineering›Computer Engineering
- Engineering›Electrical Engineering
- Engineering›Industrial Engineering
- Engineering›Mechanical Engineering
Preferred Interests and Preparation
ISyE: Background/interest in machine learning and distributed optimization.
EE: Background/interest in machine learning and signal processing.
CompE: Background/interest in FPGA programming and wireless networking
CS: Background/interest in machine learning and wireless networking
Meeting Schedule & Location
Dr. Matthieu Bloch
- Electrical and Computer Engineering