Applications for the Fall 2021 semester will be accepted until August 26, 2021.
The VIP program is designed to engage sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate students and faculty. Graduate students participate in one of two ways: enrolling for academic credit (register for 1 to 3 credits), or participating as mentors (register for 0-credits) under the direction of their research advisors.
Graduate students should check with their academic advisors to confirm if VIP credits can be counted towards their degree.
|Apply to VIP|
- You can only apply to one team at a time.
- If you are not approved (team already has too many students from your academic rank/major, etc.), you can apply to another team.
- If you change your mind about which team you would like, either before or after you are approved, you can apply to join a different team, and the new application will replace the old one
- VIP operates as a course. New students join at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters.
- VIP is not offered in the summer, but continuing students may be able to continue their work in the summer through independent study with their instructor.
New students cannot have a time conflict with their team meeting.
- If you have been accepted, your acceptance will remain valid, even if your registration permit has not been issued yet.
- You won't be able to register until a permit is issued. Permits are issued during active registration periods, so that you receive the Course Registration Number when you need it.
- The deadline to apply to VIP is the last Thursday of phase II registration (although teams do fill up, so you should apply as soon as you can).
- Permits are only issued to students via the application system above. Emails to email@example.com asking for a permit only delay the process.
- Students registering for the 2 and 3-credit option must also register for the un-supervised lab in addition to your section. The CRN for the lab is included in the email from VIP indicating your permit was issued.