Applications for Spring 2020 have closed.
The VIP program is designed to engage sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate students and faculty. Graduate students participate in one of two ways: enrolling for academic credit (register for 1 to 3 credits), or participating as mentors (register for 0-credits) under the direction of their research advisors.
Graduate students should check with their academic advisors to confirm if VIP credits can be counted towards their degree.
|Apply to VIP|
- You can only apply to one team at a time.
- If you are not approved (team already has too many students from your academci rank/major, etc.), you can apply to another team.
- If you change your mind about which team you would like, either before or after you are approved, you can apply to join a different team, and the new application will replace the old one
- VIP operates as a course. New students join at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters.
- VIP is not offered in the summer, but continuing students may be able to continue their work in the summer through independent study with their instructor.
New students cannot have a time conflict with their team meeting.
- If you have been accepted, your acceptance will remain valid, even if your registration permit has not been issued yet.
- You won't be able to register until a permit is issued. Permits are issued during active registration periods, so that you receive the Course Registration Number when you need it.
- The deadline to apply to VIP is the last Thursday of phase II registration (although teams do fill up, so you should apply as soon as you can).
- Permits are only issued to students via the application system above. Emails to email@example.com asking for a permit only delay the process.