Apply (Undergraduate Students)
Application Deadline: 8/22/19 at 11:59pm. Teams fill up, so please apply sooner rather than later.
|Apply to VIP|
- You can only apply to one team at a time.
- If you are not approved (team already has too many students from your academic rank/major, etc.), you can apply to another team.
- If you change your mind about which team you would like, either before or after you are approved, you can apply to join a different team, and the new application will replace the old one
- VIP operates as a course. New students join at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters.
- VIP is not offered in the summer, but continuing students may be able to continue their work in the summer through independent study with their instructor.
New students cannot have a time conflict with their team meeting.
- You won't be able to register until a permit is issued. Permits are issued during active registration periods, so that you receive the Course Registration Number when you need it.
- If you have been accepted, your acceptance will remain valid, even if your registration permit has not yet been issued yet.
- Permits are only issued to students via the application system above. Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a permit only delay the process.
- The deadline to apply to VIP is the last Thursday of phase II registration (although teams do fill up, so you should apply as soon as you can).
The VIP Program does not allow students to freely switch from team to team. As a disincentive, students are typically asked to take a one-semester break between participation on one team and another. Students seeking exception to this rule should provide a detailed explanation in the comments section in the online application.