Applications for the Spring 2024 semester will be considered until January, 11th 2024.
|Apply to VIP|
- You can only apply to one team at a time.
- If you are not approved (team already has too many students from your academic rank/major, etc.), you can apply to another team.
- If you change your mind about which team you would like, either before or after you are approved, you can apply to join a different team, and the new application will replace the old one
- VIP operates as a course. New students join at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters.
- VIP is not offered in the summer, but continuing students may be able to continue their work in the summer through independent study with their instructor.
- Students registering for the 2 and 3-credit option must also register for the un-supervised lab in addition to your section. The CRN for the lab is available here, and it will be included in the email from VIP indicating your permit was issued.
- PURA Students: You will be issued a permit for an audit section specific to PURA.
New students cannot have a time conflict with their team meeting.
- You won't be able to register until a permit is issued and permits are issued during active registration periods.
- If you have been accepted, your acceptance will remain valid, even if your registration permit has not yet been issued yet.
- Permits are only issued to students via the application system above.
- The deadline to apply to VIP is the last Thursday of phase II registration (although teams do fill up, so you should apply as soon as you can).
The VIP Program does not allow students to freely switch from team to team. As a disincentive, students will be asked take a one-semester break between participation on one team and another.